- Assembling and creating videos and video tutorials
- Following a script, screenplay, or outline
- Inputting sound to enhance footage, which may include selecting music and writing voice-overs
- Improving and correcting lighting, coloring, and faulty footage
- Meeting with Language Technology staff and field personnel to understand their message and user community
- Participating as an integral and enthusiastic part of the team, exhibiting ownership, follow-through, initiative, awareness, and effective communication with peers and management
- Working with the team around a cohesive product roadmap
- Participate in regular project status, planning, partnership, and strategic meetings
- Be available to travel to meet with the larger development team at least once per year
- Be available to travel biannually to the Language Technology Conference
- Participate in professional conferences and meetings
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A servant heart attitude
- Demonstrated skills in producing videos, video tutorials, and online courses
- Creativity, adaptability and the ability to work collaboratively with a team
- Good interpersonal skills of communication
- Good organizational skills
- The ability to make decisions in a timely manner
- The ability to generate multiple solutions to the problem
- The ability to quickly pick up technical concepts
- The ability to work both with a team and independently, and to multitask effectively
Education and Experience:
Video Editors need a background in media, art, communication, photography, videography and/or technology. A Video Editor must have experience in working with film and video and training in video production and editing software. Bachelor's degree in communications, media, visual art, film, television, multimedia, graphic design or equivalent work experience preferred.
Training and Orientation:
Will complete the initial IT Software Department training program and relevant portions of IT Orientation.
Dallas, TX - Founded in 1934
SIL is a global, faith-based nonprofit that works with local communities around the world to develop language solutions that expand possibilities for a better life.
Our faith inspires and informs our commitment to expand possibilities for people to thrive. We believe all people are created by God and given language as a means for flourishing. Through language, we understand who we are, experience relationships and explore life’s most important questions.