- Work closely with internal teams to identify underutilized or hard-to-find tools and services for targeted promotion
- Develop and execute strategic marketing plans to increase visibility and engagement with both field users and funders
- Evaluate and leverage various communication channels, including events, social media, and digital platforms, for promotional activities
- Monitor and analyze market trends and competitor behavior to inform marketing strategies
- Manage a monthly eNewsletter to operational units and registered users
- Assist in content creation and layout for blog posts and digital newsletters
- Coordinate with the digital team in tracking and reporting user engagement metrics
- Stay updated on best practices in marketing and emerging digital platforms
- Be available to travel for international training events and workshops
- Be available to travel to meet with the larger department team at least once per year
- Be available to travel biennially to the Language Technology Conference
- Participate in professional conferences and meetings
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficiency in market analysis and understanding of SEO and SEM
- Attention to detail and a commitment to data-driven decision-making
- Familiarity with content management systems and customer relationship management tools
- A high level of adaptability and comfort working in both mono- and cross-cultural environments
- Good organizational skills
- The ability to make decisions in a timely manner
- The ability to generate multiple solutions to the problem
- The ability to quickly pick up technical concepts
- The ability to work both with a team and independently, and to multitask effectively
Education and Experience:
Marketing Managers need experience with marketing, social media outlets, and web development. Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or equivalent work experience is preferred, but we care more for a heart and mind that are always learning.
Training and Orientation:
Will complete the initial IT Software Department training program and relevant portions of IT Orientation. Ongoing training will be provided for Google Analytics, Google Search Console, and any other SEO tools pertinent to the role.
Dallas, TX - Founded in 1934
SIL is a global, faith-based nonprofit that works with local communities around the world to develop language solutions that expand possibilities for a better life.
Our faith inspires and informs our commitment to expand possibilities for people to thrive. We believe all people are created by God and given language as a means for flourishing. Through language, we understand who we are, experience relationships and explore life’s most important questions.