- Discover what stakeholder need by conducting research and unveiling critical insights
- Create the project’s long-term vision and strategy
- Design, develop, and deploy programs and services as assigned
- Champion the team, partners, and user community to ensure alignment around overall strategy and direction of the project
- Work with Director on yearly roadmap, budget, and funding proposals
- Provide quarterly reports and requested metrics to Language Technology Leadership
- Participate in regular project status, planning, partnership, and strategic meetings
- Report any hardware and software needs to the Director
- Be available to travel to meet with the project teams at least once per year
- Be available to travel biennially to the Language Technology Conference
- Participate in professional conferences and meetings
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A servant heart attitude
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Demonstrated passion for understanding and resolving complex user-needs into project priorities
- Good interpersonal skills of communication
- Good organizational skills
- The ability to make decisions in a timely manner
- The ability to generate/analyze multiple solutions to a problem
- The ability to quickly pick up technical concepts
- The ability to work both with a team and independently, and to multitask effectively
Education and Experience:
Special Project Coordinators should have a breadth of experience in technology and project management. Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business, communications, computer science, or equivalent work experience is preferred, but we care more for a heart and mind that are always learning.
Training and Orientation:
Will complete the initial IT Software Department training program and relevant portions of IT Orientation.
Dallas, TX - Founded in 1934
SIL is a global, faith-based nonprofit that works with local communities around the world to develop language solutions that expand possibilities for a better life.
Our faith inspires and informs our commitment to expand possibilities for people to thrive. We believe all people are created by God and given language as a means for flourishing. Through language, we understand who we are, experience relationships and explore life’s most important questions.