Donor Services Representative
1. Contribute to a welcoming donor experience, as part of SIL's customer service approach and processes.
2. Establish and manage information-tracking processes regarding acknowledgement, recognition, ongoing communications and continued cultivation of past and current donors to enhance their relationship with SIL and increase the likelihood of continued contributions.
3. Serve as the lead point of contact to ensure questions and needs of donors are addressed, answering general development phone and email inquiries or directing specific questions to other SIL staff when appropriate.
4. Respond to donor inquiries in a timely and professional manner through multiple channels including email, phone, and social media.
Donor Services Support
1. Maintain and manage CRM name changes, tags, addresses, and notes.
2. Work closely with the finance team to process donations and ensure accurate recording of transactions in the CRM system.
3. Prepare and maintain accurate electronic and/or hard copies related to donors, gifts, and grants including the documentation of donor service activities and discussions.
4. Run reports when needed for Relationship Managers.
5. Implement follow-up process for welcoming new donors.
6. Manage the process to ensure accuracy of thank you letters from donations are uploaded into CRM.
7. Be available and willing to perform other tasks as assigned by direct supervisor, as time allows.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High ethical standards, discretion, and confidentiality in working with donor information
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability and willingness to work closely with other colleagues as a team and experience.
- Proven verbal and written communication skills in a professional setting.
- Projects a sense of empathy and understanding when dealing with others, both internally and externally.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently as well as effectively as part of a team, instilling confidence and trust among fellow staff and our givers and prospective givers
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree
- Previous work experience demonstrating competencies listed above
Training and Orientation:
- Training in fundraising and receipting processes
Dallas, TX - Founded in 1934
SIL is a global, faith-based nonprofit that works with local communities around the world to develop language solutions that expand possibilities for a better life.
Our faith inspires and informs our commitment to expand possibilities for people to thrive. We believe all people are created by God and given language as a means for flourishing. Through language, we understand who we are, experience relationships and explore life’s most important questions.