- Consult with individual or group orthography projects
- Assist Orthography Services Coordinator in planning and coordination
- Research as needed, either original or scouring and summarizing literature
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Linguistics: phonology and morphology especially, to determine contrasts, phonological processes. Acquainted with syntax.
- Literacy: basic learning strategies and teaching methods
- Sociolinguistic factors influencing dialect and acceptability issues
- Know and balance usability and acceptability issues for orthographies
- Ability to understand local, governmental, technical perspectives and negotiate solutions with all
Education and Experience: M.A. or PhD required. Experience in a local orthography project.
Training and Orientation: Orientation with Orthography Services Coordinator
Dallas, TX - Founded in 1934
SIL is a global, faith-based nonprofit that works with local communities around the world to develop language solutions that expand possibilities for a better life.
Our faith inspires and informs our commitment to expand possibilities for people to thrive. We believe all people are created by God and given language as a means for flourishing. Through language, we understand who we are, experience relationships and explore life’s most important questions.